APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS ROLE.
The Zahra Foundation are seeking an Events & Marketing Officer on a part-time basis (0.8FTE) for a 12-month contract, who may be in their first role or a graduate looking for a role with purpose.
The position is a general all-rounder role that will have mentoring support from the General Manager. The role will focus on events, basic website updates, email marketing, social media and some administration tasks. This role offers the opportunity to learn and grow in a safe and supported environment while giving back to the community through our empowering programs and services. The ideal candidate will feel strong alignment to our purpose and become an integral contributor to the team.
- Organising and coordinating our annual range of events to drive revenue for the organisation. This is in conjunction with our external event providers and includes liaising with the venues, organising speakers and staff, communicating with attendees, sponsorship and more to ensure the smooth and successful running of these key yearly events;
- Maintaining event budgets, in conjunction with the General Manager, keeping thorough track of and detailed records of all related expenses;
- Simple social media and website event creation;
- Administration support for the team, including welcoming clients to the organisation, data entry and answering the phones;
- Contributing positively to the organisations culture and respectfully interact with staff and clients.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in either Marketing, Events, or Communications;
- Event planning skills.
- Some experience in a similar role or a volunteer/intern role;
- You must love working and thriving in a collaborative team environment;
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills;
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of social media platforms and current social media trends;
- Knowledge of website platforms such as WordPress (or willingness to learn);
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
Desirable Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Understands the impacts domestic and family violence on women and children.
- Knowledge of social justice and the needs of women and their children.
- Understands diverse cultures inclusive of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island, CALD, gender and diversity.
- Some experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/ Illustrator/ InDesign), Canva or similar.
Current South Australian Drives Licence and willingness to drive.
- Current National Police Check Clearance.
- Some out of hours work may be required.
- Prepared to travel to regional locations and or interstate if required.
- Willing to contribute to teamwork and be part of a strong workplace culture of honesty, integrity, and support.
- Treat co-workers respectfully and professionally by listening and being constructive.
- Be mindful and respectful of others time and schedules.
- Attend team meetings and prioritise communication with the team.
- Assisting co-workers and other departments when needed.
To apply, please email your resume and a one page application letter addressing the requirements above to email@example.com by 8pm Sunday 1st August 2021.
For a confidential chat or for more information please call General Manager Gemma Burdon on 08 8352 1889.