APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS ROLE.
Are you our new Financial Counselling Manager?
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Financial Counselling Manager to join our team on a full-time, 12-month contract.
The role will be responsible for leading and delivering one-on-one specialist financial counselling services which have been designed for women experiencing financial hardship as a result of domestic and family violence. Duties also include:
- Exploring and reviewing new initiatives that meet the needs of women and children affected by domestic and family violence in line with Zahra Foundations purpose.
- Promoting Specialist Financial Counselling Service to external agencies by various methods inclusive of participation in forums, networks and meetings as well as use of electronic and other forms of communication.
- Contributing to the development of partnerships with external organisations to create meaningful pathways for women into further education and employment opportunities.
- Identifying strategic changes or continuous improvement for the financial counselling program.
- Manage and provide a high-quality confidential specialist one-on-one financial counselling service to clients who have been subject to financial abuse particularly from a domestic and family violence perspective.
- Lead, manage and deliver the specialist financial counselling service that can support and promote the economic empowerment and advancement of women through financial literacy so that they are able to manage their financial affairs in the future.
- Lead the provision of advocacy and accurate information regarding financial rights, responsibilities, debt management legislation, credit regulations and consumer finance issues.
- Ensure preparation of income/expenditure statements, asset and liability statements and/or budgets for our clients.
- Managing agreed benchmarks and / or agreed outcomes under the specific funded agreements for the specialist financial counselling services.
- Leading the appropriate evaluation of the specialist financial counselling service and ensure summary progress reports are provided to the General Manger (on agreed terms) which reflects the progress and key outcomes of the service as required.
- Managing the referrals (inclusive of triage), maintain waiting list and liaise with the Financial Counsellor to ensure workload does not exceed the agreed benchmarks.
- Managing the data process and ensuring the team is accountable for accurate records and data, that are stored correctly, and that confidentiality is maintained.
- Supervising the Financial Counsellor role through regular meetings, training and mentoring.
- Grant funding applications and partnerships for Financial Counselling (in conjunction with Program and Fundraising Manager and General Manager).
- Leading the preparation and presentation of financial counselling content to other ZF programs.
- Management of Opportunity Knox program including budget, applications, approvals (with General Manager) and distribution of grants.
This position is a 12-month contract role and applications close on Wednesday 30 June 2021.
If you believe this is the ideal role for you, please apply via Seek website advertisement here: https://www.seek.com.au/job/52591604
For more information and a confidential discussion, contact General Manager, Gemma Burdon on 08 8352 1889.