Are you the next Zahra Foundation General Manager?
- Not-for-profit leadership opportunity based in Adelaide
- Lead a committed team to break the cycle of abuse
- Empower women’s financial independence
Is this you?
- Outstanding strategic thinker and influential leader;
- Action orientated when delivering a range of business initiatives;
- Having exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to manage complex programs and services working with women and children who have experienced trauma; and
- Seeking fulfillment and purpose in transforming the lives of others.
The Zahra Foundation supports women and children affected by domestic and family violence, through programs that help them work towards economic empowerment. Creating pathways for women into further education and employment provides them with the opportunity to build their capacity and break the cycle of abuse.
We are seeking a leader to join our established team as General Manager to continue to grow the impact, success, and reputation of the Zahra Foundation.
The role involves varied responsibilities and, along with the Board of Directors, you will set the strategic vision and objectives of the organisation to proactively grow the organisation, and the impact that we have.
As an experienced executive, you will develop strategies, plans, and budgets to map the way forward for the Foundation, while nurturing the culture of innovation, enablement, and cohesiveness. You will be responsible for:
- generating support from business, government, and community sectors to continue the important work we do;
- providing strong, clear, and collaborative leadership of the organisation both internally to our people and externally to stakeholders;
- demonstrating ethical behaviour and professional integrity across the organisation;
- building public awareness, advocacy, reputation and community reach of the organisation and its strategic partners;
- identifying and managing operational and corporate risk, and formulating risk mitigation strategies;
- maximising revenue generation, partnerships, and growth each year through developing effective fundraising and promotional campaigns, events, and establishing strong relationships with potential sponsors and donors.
- managing the organisation’s financial reporting mechanisms and ensuring that all the governance and legal responsibilities for charities/not-for-profits are
To be successful in this role you will bring a high-level of leadership experience in the not-for-profit sector.
If you believe you have what it takes and are ready to make an impact, call Rachel Pierro, Managing Director, Adelaide Aspire on 08 8212 2683 or apply online to email@example.com